Voter Helpline Official App For Updates Voter Details From Home, Taking Forward Its Continuous Efforts Of Building An Active Democratic Citizenry In The Country, Election Commission Of India Has Undertaken A New Initiative By Designing A Mobile Application For Developing A Culture Of Avid Electoral Engagement And Making Informed And Ethical Ballot Decisions Among Citizens Of The Country. The App Aims To Provide A Single Point Of Service And Information Delivery To Voters Across The Country.
how to update voter id details online
Spelling mistakes or incorrect names can crop up, but the ECI has provided adequate measures to rectify them. Voters who find that their name has been misspelt or is wrong can get their name corrected in the list by following a simple process.
As part of this process, they have introduced online as well as offline application forms and processes.
All applicants have to do is fill out an application form and attach supporting documents, which are to be sent to the electoral office. A detailed set of guidelines is given below.
Steps for Voter ID Card Correction Online
1) Electoral Search (#Go Verify Your Name In The Electoral Roll)
2) Submission Of Online Forms For New Voter Registration, Shifting To A Different The Constituency, For Overseas Voters, Deletion Or Objection In The Electoral Roll, Correction Of Entries & Transposition Within Assembly.
3) Register Complaints Related To Electoral Services And Track Its Disposal Status
4) The FAQ On Voter, Elections, EVM, & Results
5) Service & Resources For Voters & Electoral Officers
6) Find The Election Schedule In Your Area
7) Find All The Candidates, Their Profile, Income Statement, Assets, Criminal Cases
8) Find The Polling Officials And Call Them: BLO, ERO, DEO And CEO
9) Click A Selfie After Voting And Get A Chance To Be Featured In The Official Voter Helpline App Gallery.
10) Download The List Of Contesting Candidates In Pdf Format And Take The Print Out.
How to Download e-EPIC Card : Voter Helpline Official App
How to Download e-EPIC Card, Digital Voter ID Card Download @nvsp.in, Vaters will able to Download e-EPIC Card or Digital Voter ID Card form 25/01/2021.
All General Voters Who Have A Valid EPIC Number. All New Electors Registered During Special Summary Revision 2021 (I.E. Those Who Applied During Nov-Dec2020) And Whose Mobile Number Provided While Applying Is Unique Will Get An SMS And May Download E-EPIC Between January 25 And 31, 2021. Other General Electors May Download E-EPIC From February 1, 2021 Onwards. (They Will However Not Get Any SMS).
The E-Elector Photo Identity Card Is Non-Editable Digital Version Of The Elector Photo Identity Card And It Can Be Saved In Facilities Such As Digital Locker And Can Be Printed In The PDF Format, Election Commission Officials Said.A Digital Version Of The Elector Photo Identity Card Can Be Accessed Through The Voter Helpline App And Websites https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ and https://www.nvsp.in/.
Reason for change/correct name in voter id
A voter ID card is a document that can be used for many purposes. Its primary aim is to serve as an identity document for an individual who is participating in the electoral process. It can also be used as proof of identity as well as proof of address for everything from buying a flight ticket to applying for a home loan or getting a credit card. This makes it a vital document that has multiple uses, making it important for individuals to ensure that all the information it contains is correct and updated.
During the course of processing the voter ID application, there could be errors in the name printed on the document. If there are any errors in your name as mentioned in your voter’s ID card, you should get the same rectified as soon as possible to avoid any difficulty later.
Individuals may also choose to change their names, with women often taking their husband’s name after marriage. This name change should be reflected in the voter’s ID card as soon as possible.
FAQ’s to Change/Correct Details in Voter ID Card
- Where can I apply to correct or change the details mentioned in my voter ID card?You can apply online on the website of the Chief Electoral Officer for your state or Union Territory to correct or change details as mentioned in your voter ID card. You can also apply offline by submitting your application at an electoral office nearest to your place of residence.
- Which form do I have to submit when applying to change the details mentioned in my voter ID card?You will have to submit Form 8, known as the ‘Application to Correct Particulars Entered in Electoral Roll’. The form can be downloaded online from the website of the state Chief Electoral Officer or a copy can be collected from any electoral office.
- What documents do I have to submit when applying to correct details mentioned in my voter ID card?If you are applying for a correction in details, you have to submit the following documents:
- Form 8, filled in and signed.
- Official document containing the changed or corrected name/other details (such as government gazette copy, passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate).
- Can I track the status of my application to change the details mentioned in my voter ID card?Yes, you can track the voter id status of your application to change details in your voter ID card. Type in the reference number allotted to you when you submitted your application (either offline or online). You can track the application status online through the website of the Chief Electoral Officer for your state/union territory.
- Is there a fee to be paid when applying to change my details on my voter ID card?There is a nominal fee to be paid when applying for a change in details on your voter ID card, which is payable when submitting the application.
- What do I do with my old voter ID card once I have applied for a new one with the changed information?You will have to surrender your old voter ID card with the incorrect information when you collect your new voter ID card.
- How long will it take for me to receive my new voter ID card with the updated information?It generally takes between 2 to 3 weeks to receive your voter ID card after submitting an application to change or correct details.
- How do I submit documentary proof when applying online to change or correct details in my voter ID card?You can upload scanned copies of documentary proof (such as passport copy, PAN card, and marriage certificate or government gazette) when applying online to change or correct details in your voter ID card.
- Are there any additional costs associated when applying to change or correct information on my voter ID card?There are no additional costs other than the application fee when applying for a change in details in your voter ID card.
- Will I have to surrender my old voter ID card as I have applied to make corrections in it?There is no need to surrender your old voter ID card once you have applied to correct or change details in it as a fresh card will be issued to you.
Voter Helpline Official App
Voter Helpline App Link : Download